This page contains information about the IRS Office Alexandria location.
IRS Office Alexandria – 3508 Government St. Alexandria, LA. 71302
Monday -Friday – 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:00 noon- 1:00 p.m.)
*federal holiday schedule
Phone: (318) 445-8028
No parking information is available.
Security is enforced at most federal offices. You may have to pass through a metal detector, and your bags will go through an x-ray search.
If you require face-to-face service at the Alexandria, Alexandria/remote taxpayer assistance at New Horizon, Baton Rouge, Lafayette/remote taxpayer assistance at SMILE Community Action Agency or Monroe TAC office, call 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
IRS Office Alexandria Remote – 3717 Government St. Alexandria, LA. 71302
Monday & Thursday – 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Virtual Services Provided
You may receive assistance provided by an employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. It is similar to talking face to face with an employee in the office except the employee is sitting in a different location. You simply sit at the designated workstation and speak with the employee appearing on screen.
- Using this technology you will be able to resolve issues such as:
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- File any tax form including Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return or Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail