IRS Office Houma – 423 Lafayette St. **This TAC Office is currently closed**
Houma, LA 70360
***The IRS has temporarily closed all Taxpayer Assistance Centers and discontinued face-to-face service throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. ***
Irs Office Houma La. This IRS office is located in Houma in the Allen J. Ellender Federal Building. It is located at 423 Lafayette St. Houma, LA 70360 . The Federal Building houses federal courts and the post office. Recently a $1.58 million federal stimulus was used to make the building more energy-efficient, installing energy efficient lighting and solar-power generation.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.)
*federal holiday schedule
Phone: (985) 876-0949
This office is located next to the main post office in downtown Houma at the intersection of LaFayette and Verret Streets.
Metered parking is available.
No appointments are available at this location. Taxpayers are assisted on a walk-in basis.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Tax forms (based on availability)