IRS Office Houma – 423 Lafayette St.
Houma, LA 70360
This IRS office is located in Houma in the Allen J. Ellender Federal Building. It is located at 423 Lafayette St. Houma, LA 70360 . The Federal Building houses federal courts and the post office.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.)
*federal holiday schedule
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office is located next to the main post office in downtown Houma at the intersection of LaFayette and Verret Streets.
Metered parking is available.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
Since information on our page might have changed, we recommend that you confirm office information at the IRS's office locator tool before visiting the IRS office.
1 thought on “IRS Office Houma”
After driving 2 long hours to this place, I was late for my appointment because of rain and an accident and denied to meet with anyone;when in fact there were no other appointments going on at the time.