This page provides information about the virtual assistance facility provided by the IRS for the residents of Lafayette, Louisiana.
IRS Office Lafayette Virtual Assistance – Appointment Only
The potential taxpayers at Lafayette, Louisiana might receive taxpayers’ assistance by an employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except it is through a computer monitor and the employee is sitting in a different location. Upon appointment, the taxpayers are assigned a workstation. By sitting at the designated workstation the taxpayers get to talk to the employee appearing on screen.
Wednesday and Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
The Virtual Assistance service is provided only by appointment only. All taxpayers must take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Tax Topics)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail