This page provides information about the IRS Office Long Beach Location
IRS Office Long Beach – 501 W. Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802.
IRS Office at Long Beach is located in the Glenn M. Anderson Federal Building premises. Other than the IRS office, other major tenants are Homeland Security Investigations, SSA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration etc. The scenic Los Angeles River flows in a very close distance and the IRS office being located in a busy central area one could meet almost any daily need there.
East on CA-1: On Pacific Coast Highway, head north and take the left onto East 2nd Street. Turn left onto East Livingston Drive then continue onto East Ocean Boulevard.
West on Seaside Freeway: Head northeast toward Navy Way and take the exit toward Pico Avenue. Turn right, take the left ramp onto Downtown and after a while, merge onto West Ocean Boulevard. Make a U-turn and destination will be on the right.
North on Interstate 710: Head south and take the left lane for exit 1C toward Long Beach. Continue onto West Shoreline Drive and then take the left lane exit onto West Broadway. Continue for a quarter mile and then turn onto Magnolia Avenue, then again turn right onto West Ocean Boulevard. The destination will be on the right.
South: There’s sea on the south.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No parking is provided on-spot for general visitors. Metered street parking is available nearby. Few commercial parking lots are available within walking distance of the federal building, e.g. one at World Trade Center for $1.50/15 minute or $15/all day.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.