This page provides information about the IRS office Lubbock location.
IRS Office Lubbock – 1205 Texas Ave. Lubbock, TX 79401
This IRS office is located in the George M. Mahon Federal Building in Room 406. Lubbock’s Federal Building and United States Court House, located at the southeast corner of Broadway and Texas Avenue, was dedicated on Aug. 23, 1971, and was renamed the George H. Mahon Federal Building in 1994 to honor Lubbock’s longtime U.S. representative.
- North on I-27 – Take the 13th Street exit heading west and continue straight. The guest parking lot is on the Texas Avenue side of the building. Entry to this parking lot is at the southwest end of the lot on 14th Street only, at the corner of 14th Street and Texas Avenue. Exit is at the northwest end of the lot onto Texas Avenue.
- South on I-27 – Take the 19th Street exit heading west, turn north onto Buddy Holly Avenue and continue north to 14th Street, then turn west to the entrance of the guest parking lot.
- East or West on Broadway – Turn south onto Buddy Holly Avenue and continue south one block to 14th Street, then turn west to the entrance of the guest parking lot.
- East or West on 19th Street – Turn north onto Buddy Holly Avenue and continue north to 14th Street, then turn west to the entrance of the guest parking lot.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.)
*subject to federal holiday schedule
Phone: (806) 472-7582
A visitor parking lot is located on the Texas Avenue side of the building. Space is limited.
Individuals entering this federal building will be required to go through a security checkpoint as well as a metal detector.
This location does not take appointments. Services are provided on a walk-in basis.
Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)