This page provides information about the IRS Office San Bernardino location.
IRS Office San Bernardino – 290 N. D Street, San Bernardino, CA 92401
IRS Office at San Bernardino is located in the City Hall building, it is very easy to locate even for a new resident at San Bernardino. Other than the IRS Office, the Court Street and adjacent areas are full of law offices and banks. Major tenants of the premises are IRS, City Hall, Vanir Development, Vanir Construction Management Incorporated and San Bernardino Sun. The Consulate of Mexico is located on the other side of the North D Street.
East on East 3rd Street: Airport commuters need to take this route. Head west on East 3rd Street toward Sterling Avenue and after 2 and half miles, turn left onto North Waterman Avenue. After another quarter to one mile, turn right onto East 2nd Street. After a while, turn right onto North D Street.
West on West 5th Street: Head east on the West 5th Street toward Medical Center Drive and continue for 2 miles. Then, turn right onto North D Street and the IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Interstate 215: On the San Bernardino Freeway, head south and take the exit 43 for West 3rd Street or West 2nd Street. Turning onto West 2nd Street is preferred. Then, turn left again onto North D Street where the destination will be on the left.
South on Interstate 215: Head north and take the exit 43 for West 2nd Street toward West 3rd Street. Turn right onto West 2nd Street and after half a mile, turn left onto North D Street. The IRS office will be located on the left.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Information: (909) 388-8108
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
City Hall visitors can use the on-spot parking lot. For everyone else, there are metered parking streets and commercial parking lots within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.