This page provides information about the IRS office Rome location.
IRS Office Rome – 600 E. First Street, Rome, GA 30161
The IRS Office at Rome, Georgia is located in the Federal Building and United States Courthouse of Rome. The 3 story Federal Building complex is smaller than many other similar buildings, there are lesser offices as well. Etowah River is very close to this place, only a few minutes of walking. Few business locations nearby are Comcast Service Center, Kelly Services Inc., Alfa Insurance – Mark Swanson Agency, Charles Williams REIC etc. US Federal Courthouse is the major tenant in this property.
East on Highway 53: Head southwest on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard toward Spider Webb Drive. Then, continue straight onto East 1st Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
West on Broad Street: Head northeast on Broad Street toward West 3rd Avenue. Take a right turn onto East 7th Avenue, then turn right onto East 1st Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on Riverside Parkway NE: Head south on Riverside Parkway. Turn left onto Broad Street, then turn right onto East 7th Avenue. After a few hundred feet, turn right onto East 1st Street and the Federal Building will be on the left.
South on Highway 53: Head north on Turner McCall Boulevard. Turn left onto East 1st Street. The Federal Building will be on the left on this street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (706) 291-5313
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The on-premises parking spots are reserved, public visitors need to park their vehicles on the parking (metered and non-metered) streets nearby. Few commercial parking lots and garages are also available within walking distance.
All public visitors need to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued ID at the entrance is mandatory for identity and appointment verification.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments