This page provides information about the IRS Office Asheville location.
IRS Office Asheville – 151 Patton Ave. Asheville, NC 28801
Asheville IRS Office is located in the Veach-Baley Federal Complex and US Courthouse. This US Post Office and Courthouse Building was built in 1929 and now being occupied the US Courthouse and federal agencies like the IRS, Social Security Office for Asheville, US Forestry Commission, the US Attorney, the US Marshalls, the FBI etc. The building is a six-storied low rise architecture.
East on College Street: Head west on College Street toward North Market Street. College Street becomes Patton Avenue by turning right. Continue on this road for a while, until the arrival at the Federal Building.
West on Patton Avenue: Head east on Patton Avenue toward West Haywood Street. Continue for a while, until the arrival at the Federal Building on the left.
North on Carter Street: Take Interstate 240/US 70 to Cherry Street. Use exit 4C from I-240/US-70, then take Carter Street to Patton Avenue. After a while, turn left onto Patton Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the left.
South on Asheland Avenue: Head northwest on McDowell Street toward Phifer Street. Continue onto Asheland Avenue, then turn left onto Hilliard Avenue. After a while, turn right onto Grove Street. Finally, turn left onto Patton Avenue. The Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Asheville IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No on-premises public parking facility is available. However, Futon Gallery has parking space which could be used. Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots/garages are available nearby.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is mandatory for identity and appointment verification.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments