This page provides information about the IRS Office Charlotte location.
IRS Office Charlotte – Five Resource Square, 10715 David Taylor Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262
The Charlotte IRS Office is located in an office complex called Five Resource Square, not so far away from the downtown. It is a 5 storied low-rise office complex with 151,957 Sqft of total floor space. The construction was done in 2000 and the building soon became operational. The office building is maintained by Mainstreet Capital Partners. Some of the major tenants are Erie Insurance, Golden Capital Management LLC, Dassault Systemes etc.
Southeast on Mallard Creek Church Road: Head northwest on Mallard Creek Church Road toward Senator Royall Drive. Take a left turn onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the left, behind the trees.
Northwest on Prosperity Church Road: Head southeast on Prosperity Church Road toward Prosperity Point Lane. Continue onto Mallard Creek Church Road, then turn right onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the right.
Northeast on Mallard Creek Road: Head southwest on Mallard Creek Road toward Galloway Road. Use the 2nd from the left lane to turn left onto W Mallard Creek Church Road. Then, turn right onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the right.
South on Governor Hunt Road: Head north on Mallard Creek Road toward Island Park Circle. Take a right turn onto Governor Hunt Road, then turn left onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (704) 548-4100
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-premises public parking facility is available for the visitors to this place.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required for identity and appointment verification.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)