This page provides information about the IRS Office Charlotte location.
IRS Office Charlotte – Five Resource Square, 10715 David Taylor Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262
The Charlotte IRS Office is located in an office complex called Five Resource Square, close to downtown Charlotte. It is a 5 storied low-rise office complex.
Southeast on Mallard Creek Church Road: Head northwest on Mallard Creek Church Road toward Senator Royall Drive. Take a left turn onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the left, behind the trees.
Northwest on Prosperity Church Road: Head southeast on Prosperity Church Road toward Prosperity Point Lane. Continue onto Mallard Creek Church Road, then turn right onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the right.
Northeast on Mallard Creek Road: Head southwest on Mallard Creek Road toward Galloway Road. Use the 2nd from the left lane to turn left onto W Mallard Creek Church Road. Then, turn right onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the right.
South on Governor Hunt Road: Head north on Mallard Creek Road toward Island Park Circle. Take a right turn onto Governor Hunt Road, then turn left onto David Taylor Drive. The Five Resource Square building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Charlotte IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card at the entrance is required for identity and appointment verification.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)