This page provides information about the IRS Office Dover location.
IRS Office Dover – 611 S. Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
The Dover IRS Office is situated in a two-story office building, very small and located by the Public Safety Boulevard. The South Dupont Highway is very close to this location. Dover Air Force Base is only a few minutes driving distance away from this IRS Office location. The place is not very far from the central downtown of Dover. Other than the IRS, the other major tenant on this building is a doctor called Kathleen M. Mercer, APN. Some of the important establishments close to this IRS Office location are Saint Jones River Greenway, Delaware State Bureau of Identification, Blue Hen Corporate Center, Dover Division of Motor Vehicles, MainStay Suites, Family Court, Christ Episcopal Church, and Kent County Veterans Memorial Park etc.
East on Little Creek Road: Head west on S Little Creek Road toward County Drive. Continue driving onto the Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard and pass by Royal Farms on the right on your way. Take a left turn onto US-13S upon arrival, then almost half a mile later, turn left onto Public Safety Boulevard. Few hundred feet later, take a right turn and the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
West on W Division Street: Follow West Division Street and US-13 to Public Safety Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right on Public Safety Boulevard, before Winner Dover Auto Body Shop.
North on US-13S: Head southeast on US-13 South toward Oak Lane. Use the middle 2 lanes to stay on US-13 South, then continue straight to stay on US-13 South. After a while, keep on the left lane to stay on US-13 South highway. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto the Public Safety Boulevard. Finally, take a right turn and the IRS Office will be on the left.
South on S Bay Road: Head northwest on S Bay Road toward President Drive. Take a left turn onto Transportation Circuit, then at the traffic circle ahead continue driving straight to stay on Transportation Circuit. On the next traffic circle, continue straight onto Public Safety Boulevard and drive for half a mile. Finally, take a left turn and the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (302) 678-2784
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)