This page provides information about the IRS Office Durham location.
IRS Office Durham – 3308 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham, NC 27707
Durham IRS Office is located close to the downtown of the city. Nearby business locations are Collective Wellness, Gerber Collision & Glass, Real Estate Associates, First Step Services LLC of Durham, Safelite AutoGlass, Systel, Major Auto Insurance etc.
East on Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard: Head southwest on Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard and look out for signs. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Pickett Road: Head east on Pickett Road toward Forest at Duke Drive. Turn right onto West Cornwallis Road, then turn right again onto the ramp to Chapel Hill. Merge onto Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Academy Road: Head south on Academy Road toward Woodburn Road. Take a left turn at the 2nd cross street onto W Cornwallis Road. Take a right turn onto the ramp to Chapel Hill, then merge onto Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on University Drive: Head north on University Drive toward Ivy Creek Boulevard. Turn left onto Academy Road, then turn right onto Pickett Road. Take another right turn onto Cornwallis Road and then another right turn onto the ramp to Chapel Hill. Merge onto Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (919) 401-0300
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
A wide-open parking lot for the visitors to this place is available in front of the building.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card to the security personnel is mandatory for identity and appointment verification.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments