This page provides information about the IRS Office New Orleans location.
IRS Office New Orleans – 1555 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112
The IRS Office at New Orleans is located in a 22 stories tall class A office building. Previously known as the Exxon Building, the 1555 Poydras building offers total 467,671 square feet of floor space. The building’s construction completed in 1984. All modern amenities are present on this building, both for the tenants and the visitors. Tulane University School of Medicine is the major tenant in this building, the rest are either leased or available for leasing. The other locations nearby are Energy New Orleans, Travelers Aid Society of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans City Hall, Duncan Plaza, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans City Hall, New Orleans Civil District Court and New Orleans Public Library etc. Being the central business district of the New Orleans city, the neighborhood of IRS Office is a pretty busy one!
East on Crescent City Connection: Head west on US-90 BUS E. Exit this highway through the exit toward O’Keefe Avenue. Keep left at the fork to continue toward O’Keefe Avenue and continue straight. Turn left onto Poydras Street and dirve for half a mile, then turn right S Robertson Street. The 1555 Poydras Building will be on the right.
West on Airline Highway: Take US-61 and I-10E to Claiborne Avenue. Take exit 234B from I-10 east. Then, continue on S Claiborne Avenue. Take Perdido Street to S Robertson Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (504) 558-3344
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Although this building has an on-premises parking lot, finding a spot could be difficult. Visitor may use the adjacent street parking, or the two commercial parking facilities nearby Merit Parking and Go Park.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment at several points. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments