This page provides information about the IRS Office New Orleans location.
IRS Office New Orleans – 1555 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70112
The IRS Office at New Orleans is located in a 22 storied commercial building at 1555 Poydras Street in the Central Business District of New Orleans, Louisiana.
East on Crescent City Connection: Head west on US-90 BUS E. Exit this highway through the exit toward O’Keefe Avenue. Keep left at the fork to continue toward O’Keefe Avenue and continue straight. Turn left onto Poydras Street and dirve for half a mile, then turn right S Robertson Street. The 1555 Poydras Building will be on the right.
West on Airline Highway: Take US-61 and I-10E to Claiborne Avenue. Take exit 234B from I-10 east. Then, continue on S Claiborne Avenue. Take Perdido Street to S Robertson Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Although this building has an on-premises parking lot, finding a spot could be difficult. Visitor may use the adjacent street parking, or the two commercial parking facilities nearby Merit Parking and Go Park.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments