This page provides information about the IRS office Rockford IL location.
IRS Office Rockford IL – 4920 E. State St. Rockford, IL 61108
College Center Office Park at the entrance of Rockford College, near two of Rockford’s three hospitals and retail corridor. Great visibility and signage. College Center Office Park at the entrance of Rockford College, near two of Rockford’s three hospitals and retail corridor.
Neighboring tenants in the office park include Ranger Enterprises, Chicago Title, Regional VA treatment center, Family Eye Care, Irwin Mortgage, McLeod Telecommunications, State Farm Insurance and many more.
East State Street and Rockford College Drive, Rockford, IL. Quick connection to Alpine Road, Highway 20, I-39, and I-90. Located at the gateway to the Rockford College campus and situated within College Centre Office Park.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:30 -1:30 p.m.)
Tuesday & Thursday – 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Free on premise parking lot.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)