This page provides information about the IRS Office Smyrna/Marietta location.
IRS Office Smyrna/Marietta – 1899 Powers Ferry Rd., Atlanta, GA 30339
Smyrna/Marietta IRS Office is located in multi-storied low rise office building that’s all covered with glass. The building was built in 1990 on 4 acres of lot and 5 acres of living space. This building is rated Energy Star for efficient energy usage. A good number of federal and non-federal offices are on this building. Nearby business locations are The Law Office of Raegan M. King, Hilton Garden inn, Customs Signs Today, Rick Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent etc.
East on Interstate North Parkway: Head west on Interstate N Parkway toward Riveredge Parkway. Take a right turn onto Powers Ferry Road. Then, take two consecutive right turns. The IRS Office Building should be in sight.
West on Windy Hill Road: Head east on Windy Hill Road southeast. Take the 2 left lanes to stay on Windy Hill Road SE. Then, use the middle lane to turn left onto Powers Ferry Road SE. Turn right twice and the building should be in sight.
North on Powers Ferry Road: Head south on Powers Ferry Road toward Terrell Mill Road. Make a U-turn, then take two consecutive right turns to arrive at the IRS Office building.
South on I-75: Head northwest on I-75, then take exit 260 for Windy Hill Road toward Smyrna. Merge onto Windy Hill Road and use the middle lane to turn left onto Powers Ferry Road. Take two consecutive right turns to arrive at the IRS Office building.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (404) 338-7962
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-premises parking spots available in a limited number. Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots/garages are available nearby.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for identity and appointment verification.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)