This page provides information about the IRS office Springfield Massachusetts location.
IRS Office Springfield MA – 1550 Main St., Springfield, MA 01103
This IRS office is located in a commercial building on Main Street in Springfield’s Central Business District.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Metered-parking is available in front of the building and along Bridge and Worthington streets. Parking meters have a limit of two hours.
There are also parking garages located on both Bridge and Worthington streets.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)