This page provides information about the IRS office Springfield Massachusetts location.
IRS Office Springfield MA – 1550 Main St. Springfield, MA 01103
This $11 million rehabilitation of a prominent building and public plaza in downtown Springfield is an important component of MassDevelopment’s partnership with the City of Springfield to spur the City’s economy.
MassDevelopment’s municipal real estate services staff helped facilitate a national panel of experts from the Urban Land Institute (ULI) in September 2006 to create a strategy for the revitalization of Springfield. The adaptive re-use of the former federal office building at 1550 Main Street was a key recommendation of ULI’s strategy to revitalize the downtown area and “secure its place as a vibrant urban center and cultural hub for the region” that “will, in turn, be a vital support for the livelihood of the city’s neighborhoods.”
This location is in the Metro Center neighborhood in Springfield. Nearby parks include Center Square, River Front Park and Stearns Sq. Park.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 1 – 2 p.m.)
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered-parking is available in front of the building and along Bridge and Worthington streets. Parking meters have a limit of two hours.
There are also parking garages located on both Bridge and Worthington streets.
Each visitor needs to go through modern electronic security equipment.
All visitors to Central Office must have valid identification and will be asked to check in on the ground floor with 1550 Main Street Security.
All visitors must schedule an appointment by calling the phone number provided further above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)