This page provides information about IRS Office Aberdeen location.
IRS Office Aberdeen – 115 Fourth Ave. S.E., Aberdeen, SD 57401
The IRS Office at Aberdeen is located in a Federal Building at the aforementioned address. Unlike many other cities, this Federal Office does not bear any specific name. However, the downtown location is very accessible from people all over the city, therefore, potential visitors shall not have any trouble finding the location. The office is in between the 3rd and 4th Avenue, and S Washington Street and S Lincoln Street. Apart from the IRS Office, this building is the home for a good number of other federal and non-federal offices, especially the US Social Services and US Indian Health. The US District Court is just across the road. Few of the neighboring locations are Dacotah Bank, The Journey Home, Native American Herbal Tea Company, Aberdeen City ARCC, First Presbyterian Church etc.
East on S Lloyd Street: Head west on 6th Avenue SE toward S State Street. Upon reaching the 6th Avenue SE and S Lincoln Street cross-street, take a right turn onto the S Lincoln Street. Drive for a while, then take a right turn at the 2nd cross-street onto 4th Avenue SE. The Federal Building will be on the left.
West on 6th Avenue SW: Head east on 6th Avenue SW toward S 7th Street. Upon arrival at the cross-street that intersects 6th Avenue SE and S Lincoln Street, take a left turn onto the S Lincoln Street. After a while, turn right at the 2nd cross-street onto 4th Avenue SE. Finally, the Federal Building will be on the left.
North on N 2nd Street: Head south on N 2nd Street toward 1st Avenue Southwest. Keep driving straight onto S 2nd Street. After a quarter mile take a left turn onto 4th Avenue SW. The Federal Building will be on the left.
South on S 2nd Street: Head north on S 2nd Street toward 9th Avenue Southwest. Take a right turn onto 6th Avenue SW, then at the 3rd cross-street take a left turn onto S Lincoln Street. After a while, turn right at the 2nd cross-street onto 4th Avenue Southeast. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (605) 377-1649
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Federal Buildings don’t typically offer parking spaces in abundance for the general visitors. However, there are commercial parking arrangement(s) close to the Federal Building, within walking distance.
All federal buildings have beefed up security measures. All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments