This page provides information about the IRS Office Akron location.
IRS Office Akron – 2 South Main Street, Akron, OH 44308
IRS Office Akron is situated on the John F. Seiberling Federal Building. Other tenants in this Federal Building are United States District and Bankruptcy Courts, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, US Attorneys, US Probation and Pretrial Services, US Marshals, Social Security Office for Akron, Veterans Affairs and The Department of Labor.
Southeast on Market Street: Head northwest on East Market Street toward Fir Hill. Take a left turn onto King James Way/South Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
Northwest on Market Street: Head northeast toward West Market Street and turn right onto West Market Street. After a hundred feet, turn right onto King James Way/South Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
North on Howard Street: Head south on North Howard Street toward East Lods Street. Continue onto North Main Street and wait until the Federal Building appears in sight on the right. However, parts of the Howard Street could remain closed at certain times/days.
South on Broadway Street: Head northeast on South Broadway Street toward East Cedar Street. Take a left turn onto East Mil Street. Briefly after, turn right onto King James Way/South Main Street. The Federal Building will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch noon – 1pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Akron IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office does not have on-premises public parking for visitors. Metered parking streets are adjacent to the building and commercial parking lots are within walking distance.
Public visitors may need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments