This page provides information about the IRS Office Albuquerque location.
IRS Office Albuquerque – 6200 Jefferson St. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
The IRS Office in Albuquerque is a 3 story office building in the North 1-25 corridor of Albuquerque NM.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed for lunch noon – 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Albuquerque IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for visitors.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)