This page provides information about the IRS Office Altoona location.
IRS Office Altoona – 1601 Eleventh Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601
Plenty of federal offices and important establishments are located near the IRS Office Altoona, almost within walking distance. For example, few nearby offices are – US Railroad Retirement Board, Altoona Police Detective Station, Charles E Wolf Court, Verizon office, Irwin Financial, ALTO Tower, First Commonwealth Bank etc.
Northeast on Chestnut Avenue: Southwest on Chestnut Avenue and turn left onto Chestnut Avenue. Continue on the 10th Avenue for a while, then turn right onto 15th Avenue. Make another left turn onto 11th avenue and there should be a cross street up ahead. At the 1st cross street, turn left onto 16th Street.
Northwest on 18th Street: Head southeast on 18th Street toward 21st Avenue. Turn left onto 13th Avenue and continue for a brief period of time. Then, turn right onto 16th Street where the IRS Office will be on the right.
Southeast on 1st Avenue: Head northwest on 17th Street toward 2nd Avenue. Turn right onto 11th Avenue, then another right turn at the 1st cross street onto 16th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Branch Avenue: Head north on Union Avenue toward Industrial Avenue. Turn slightly right onto Margaret Avenue, turn left onto 17th Street briefly afterwards. Followed by, turn right onto 11th Avenue immediately. Then, turn right at the 1st cross street onto 16th Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break during 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (814) 944-3532
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-premises parking facility is available for the visitors to this office. Also, metered parking street and commercial parking lots are within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments