IRS Office Anchorage

This page provides information about the IRS Office Anchorage location.

IRS Office Anchorage – 949 E. 36th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99508

The IRS Office at Anchorage is located in the CH2M Hill building, they rent out their buildings in different locations as office spaces. CH2M is an engineering company operating in global scale, with services like consultation, design & construction etc. for large corporations around the world. This 5-story building has plenty of office spaces that are rented out to Jacobs Engineering Consultant, Natural Resources Conservation, NORCON Inc., US Housing & Urban Development Department, and US Minerals Management Services etc. Some of the places that are adjacent to the CH2M Hill building are Alaska Jewish Museum, Alaska Children’s EYE & Strabismus, Providence Family Medicine Center, Capital Office, Best Western Golden Lion, Residence Inn by Marriott Anchorage, BP Energy Center, and University of Alaska Anchorage etc. This office is located in the busy downtown of Anchorage and only 10 minutes of driving distance away from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.


East on E Northern Lights Boulevard: Head west on E Northern Lights Boulevard toward Nichols Street. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto Lake Otis Parkway. Then, quarter to a mile later, turn right onto East 36th Avenue. Shortly after, turn right onto Rhone Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.

West on Wilshire Avenue: Head east on West 36th Avenue toward Cope Street. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto Rhone Street. Then, turn left onto the road that runs parallel to the 36th Avenue, after 36th Avenue. The IRS Office/CH2M Hill building will be on the right.

North on AK-1: Head south on AK-1 South toward E fireweed Lane. Upon arrival, turn left onto the 36th Avenue using the left lane. Then again, take a left turn onto Rhone Street. Take a left turn onto the street that runs parallel to the 36th Avenue, after 36th Avenue. The CH2M Hill building will be on the right.

South on AK-1: Head north on AK-1 North, then turn right onto East 36th Avenue. Then turn left onto Rhone Street and another left onto the road that runs parallel to the East 36th Avenue. The CH2M Hill building will be on the right.


Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.


Information: (907) 786-9701

Appointment: (844) 545-5640


The CH2M Hill building offers on-premises public parking facility for the visitors and employees. Street parking and commercial parking arrangement are available within walking distance.


All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.


All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting by calling the numbers provided above.


  • Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
  • Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
  • Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
  • Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
  • Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
  • Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
  • Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
  • Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
  • Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
  • Payment arrangements
  • Procedural inquiries
  • Solutions to tax issues
  • Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on Availability is very limited in IRS offices)

1 thought on “IRS Office Anchorage”

  1. Hello
    My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I worked in Alaskan fishing vessels since 1989 till 1999. I had SSN, Work Permit. During this period I paid taxes in Alaska. Since 1999 I leave in Poland. I have a question- what about my retired found or Tax money return for 10 years my work in Alaska.


Feel free to leave a comment. DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION, as your comment will be shared on

If you need help with tax debt, consider calling the Tax Debt Relief Hotline* @ (888)219-1718