This page provides information about the IRS Office Anchorage location.
IRS Office Anchorage – 949 E. 36th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99508
The IRS Office at Anchorage is located in the CH2M Hill building. This office is located in downtown Anchorage and only 10 minutes of driving distance away from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
East on E Northern Lights Boulevard: Head west on E Northern Lights Boulevard toward Nichols Street. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto Lake Otis Parkway. Then, quarter to a mile later, turn right onto East 36th Avenue. Shortly after, turn right onto Rhone Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Wilshire Avenue: Head east on West 36th Avenue toward Cope Street. Upon arrival, take a left turn onto Rhone Street. Then, turn left onto the road that runs parallel to the 36th Avenue, after 36th Avenue. The IRS Office/CH2M Hill building will be on the right.
North on AK-1: Head south on AK-1 South toward E fireweed Lane. Upon arrival, turn left onto the 36th Avenue using the left lane. Then again, take a left turn onto Rhone Street. Take a left turn onto the street that runs parallel to the 36th Avenue, after 36th Avenue. The CH2M Hill building will be on the right.
South on AK-1: Head north on AK-1 North, then turn right onto East 36th Avenue. Then turn left onto Rhone Street and another left onto the road that runs parallel to the East 36th Avenue. The CH2M Hill building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Anchorage IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
The CH2M Hill building offers on-premises public parking facility for the visitors and employees. Street parking and commercial parking arrangement are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.