This page provides information about the IRS Office Augusta location.
IRS Office Augusta – 68 Sewall Street, Augusta, ME 04330
The Augusta IRS Office is located very close to the Memorial Circle, by the Western Avenue along with some other federal offices. On this same 7-story office building, a good number of office co-exist together, to name a few – Administrative Financial Services, Federal Bureau of Investigation, SCORE Mentores, Senator Susan M Collins’ Office, US Drug Enforcement Administration, and US Small Business Administration. Some nearby offices are US Federal Highway Administration, United States Postal Service, Domino’s Pizza, St. Michael School, Kennebec Savings Bank etc. This IRS office is very conveniently located between the Kennebec River and the Augusta State Airport.
Northeast on Memorial Drive: Head southwest on Memorial Drive toward W Crescent Street. Cross the traffic circle and leave using the 2nd exit onto Western Avenue. Quarter miles later, turn left onto Sewall Street. Few hundred feet later, take a right turn. The IRS Office building will be on the right on this road.
West on Western Avenue: Head east on Western Avenue toward Florence Street. Pass by Pizza Hut on the left, and after a quarter mile turn right onto the office’s direction. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
North on State Street: Head south on State Street toward Winthrop Street. Take the 1st exit from the traffic circle onto Western Avenue, then take a left turn onto Sewall Street. Close to 300 feet later, turn left onto Sewall Street. After a while, turn right. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
South on State Street: Head north on State Street toward Union Street. Take a left turn onto Capitol Street, then one quarter mile later turn right onto Sewall Street. Finally, turn left after another quarter mile and the IRS office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (207) 480-6095
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on premises parking facilities. Commercial parking arrangements e.g. parking lots, garages, and street parking facility is also available nearby.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and equipment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments