This page provides information about the IRS Office Baltimore location.
IRS Office Baltimore – 31 Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, MD 21201
The IRS Office at Baltimore is located in the G.H. Fallon Federal Building at Hopkins Plaza. The building is named after a former US Congressman who represented the 4th congressional district of Maryland between January 3, 1945 and January 3, 1971. The Federal Building is located in the busy downtown of Baltimore and surrounded by a lot of federal and non-federal offices, business locations, diners, recreational zones etc. To name a few – Royal Farms Arena, Downtown Partnership of Baltimore, Baltimore Business Journal, Bank of America Financial Center, Camden Court Apartments, Edward A. Garmatz United States District Courthouse, US Pretrial Services etc. There are few museums nearby, like the American Visionary Art Museum and Baltimore Museum of Industry.
East on Lombard Street: Head west on Lombard Street toward S Gay Street then turn right onto S Charles Street. Turn left onto W Fayette Street and continue for a while, then turn left onto N Liberty Street. Continue onto Hopkins Place then the Federal Building will be on the left.
West on Baltimore Street: Head east on W Baltimore Street toward N Arch Street. Turn right onto Hopkins Place. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on St Paul Street: Head south on St Paul Street toward E Lexington Street. Turn right onto E Fayette Street, then turn left onto N Liberty Street. Continue onto Hopkins Place. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Howard Street: Head north on S Howard Street toward W Camden Street. Turn right onto W Baltimore Street, then turn right onto Hopkins Place. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (443) 853-5660
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered street parking is available adjacent to the building. Three commercial parking garages are within walking distance – InterPark, Landmark Parking and Edison ParkFast.
All public visitors are required pass through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is mandatory for gaining access to the building and confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments