This page provides information about the IRS Office Bangor location.
IRS Office Bangor – 202 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The IRS Office at Bangor is located in the Margaret Chase Smith Federal Building at Harlow Street.
Northeast on State Street: Head southwest on State Street toward Adams Street. The State Street turns right and becomes Harlow Street. Continue driving straight to stay on Harlow Street and the Federal Building will be on the left after a while.
West on Hammond Street: Head east on Hammond Street toward Clinton Street, upon arrival, turn left onto Franklin Street and one quarter mile later, turn left again onto Harlow Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Center Street: Head south on Center Street toward Mc Kinley Street. Look out for the Cumberland Street on the right and upon arriving at this street, turn right. Quarter mile later, take a left turn onto Harlow Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Main Street: Head north on Main Street towards Middle Street. Once the Hammond Street arrives, take a right turn onto this road. Continue onto State Street, then turn left onto Harlow Street. Continue driving straight on Harlow Street, and after a while the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This building might not have public parking on premises. However, there are adjacent street parking spots and commercial/public parking facilities within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments