This page provides information about the IRS Office Billings location.
IRS Office Billings – 2900 4th Avenue North, Billings, MT 59101
The Billings IRS Office building also includes the Social Security Office for Billings. The building houses a few federal offices and some non-federal offices and business locations. The office building is very conveniently located at the downtown of Billings; between North 29th and 30th Street, and 4th Avenue North and 3rd Avenue North. US Bureau of Reclamation is another prominent tenant to be housed at this compound. Other business locations located close to this building are Rocky Mountain Bank, Tamarack Properties, Lincoln Center, Billings Adult Education, Stockman Bank, Alberta Bair Theater, US Bank Branch, Yellowstone County Self Help Law Center, Billings Police – Crime Prevention etc.
East on Minnesota Avenue: Head southwest on Minnesota Avenue toward S 18th Street. Keep left to continue on 1st Avenue South. Take a right turn onto S 27th Street, after a quarter mile turn left at the 3rd cross-street onto 1st Avenue North. Upon arrival, turn right onto North 31st Street, then finally take a right turn at the 3rd cross-street onto 4th Avenue North. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Grand Avenue: Head east on Grand Avenue toward 5th Street West and pass by Little Caesars Pizza on the left. Keep driving straight and up little ahead, take any lanes to turn slightly right onto N 32nd Street. Use the middle lane to turn left at the 1st cross-street onto 4th Avenue North. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
North on N 27th Street: Head southeast on N27th Street toward 9th Avenue North. Take a right turn onto 6th Avenue North, one quarter mile later, take a left turn at the 3rd cross-street onto N 30th Street. Finally, turn left at the 1st cross-street onto 4th Avenue North. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
South on Montana Avenue: Head northeast on Montana Avenue toward Custer Avenue. Turn slightly left onto Division Street, then half a mile later, take a right turn onto 4th Avenue North. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (406) 247-7446
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides an on-premises public parking facility. There are commercial parking arrangements within walking distance as well.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment and security screening procedures. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments