This page provides information about the IRS Office Bismarck location.
IRS Office Bismarck – 4503 Coleman Street, Ste. 101, Bismarck, ND 58503
The Bismarck IRS Office is located in a downtown location. Not much populated just like the state, however, all IRS facilities are offered here. The office is located in a multi-office environment, there are few other remarkable offices in the same compound. Other than IRS, the major occupants in this compound are Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, HDR, Medical Weight Loss Specialists of Bismarck, Prometric Testing Center, and US Federal Highway Administration. Some of the neighboring places are Pediatric Therapy Partners, H&R Block, Grand Junction Grilled Subs – Bismarck, St. Gabriel’s Community, Progress Solutions, KLJ, Dakota Carrier Network, North Dakota Information Technology Department, and US Social Security Office for Bismarck.
East on 43 Avenue NE: Head west on 43rd Avenue NE toward 12th Street NE/State Street. Continue driving until the Coleman Street intersection and take a right turn onto Coleman Street/Deby Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right, very slight away from the main street.
West on 43rd Avenue NE: Head east on 43rd Avenue NE toward Montreal Street. Upon reaching Coleman Street intersection cross-street, take a left turn onto this road. The IRS Office will be on the right, slightly away from the main street.
North on 12th Street NE: Head south on 12th Street NE/State Street toward Brookside Lane. At the E LaSalle Drive cross-street, take a right turn onto the E LaSalle Drive. Almost half a mile later, turn left onto Coleman Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on 12th Street NE: Head north on 12th Street NE/State Street toward East Calgary Avenue. Take a left turn onto 43rd Avenue Northeast, then after half a mile take a right turn onto East 43rd Avenue/Coleman Street. The IRS Office will be on the right, off from the main street.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (701) 221-5834
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors and employees working in this compound.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments