This page provides information about the IRS Office Bismarck location.
IRS Office Bismarck – 4503 Coleman Street, Ste. 101, Bismarck, ND 58503
East on 43 Avenue NE: Head west on 43rd Avenue NE toward 12th Street NE/State Street. Continue driving until the Coleman Street intersection and take a right turn onto Coleman Street/Deby Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right, very slight away from the main street.
West on 43rd Avenue NE: Head east on 43rd Avenue NE toward Montreal Street. Upon reaching Coleman Street intersection cross-street, take a left turn onto this road. The IRS Office will be on the right, slightly away from the main street.
North on 12th Street NE: Head south on 12th Street NE/State Street toward Brookside Lane. At the E LaSalle Drive cross-street, take a right turn onto the E LaSalle Drive. Almost half a mile later, turn left onto Coleman Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on 12th Street NE: Head north on 12th Street NE/State Street toward East Calgary Avenue. Take a left turn onto 43rd Avenue Northeast, then after half a mile take a right turn onto East 43rd Avenue/Coleman Street. The IRS Office will be on the right, off from the main street.
Monday through Friday, from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Bismarck IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office has on-premises public parking for visitors.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments