This page provides information about the IRS Office Bloomington location.
IRS Office Bloomington – 2017 S. Liberty Drive, Bloomington, IN 47403**This TAC Office is currently closed**
Little away from the central business city; the Bloomington IRS Office is located in a convenient location adjacent to the Liberty Drive. This office building was built in 2006 at the Monroe County area. There are two stories and the approximate lot size of the whole area is 219,978 Sqft. There are some auto dealerships, good eating places and banks in the neighboring areas. Center 37 South is a real estate agency located at this same building with the IRS Office. Some of the nearby business locations around this IRS Office are ALDI, BloomBank, Hair Techniques Salon & Spa, AutoChoice Service Center, Penske Truck Rental, Oakdale Square Apartments etc.
Northeast on IN-45: Head southwest on IN-45S/W Bloomfield Road and continue following this road. Then turn right onto Liberty Drive and continue driving on this road. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
Southwest on IN-45: Head northeast on IN-45 toward Industrial Boulevard. Take a left turn onto Liberty Drive and continue driving straight on this road. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
North on Constitution Way and Liberty Drive: Head south on S Curry Pike toward Constitution Way. Take a right turn onto Constitution Way, then turn right onto Liberty Drive. The IRS Office compound will be on the left.
South on S Leonard Springs Road: Head north on S Leonard Springs Road toward W Stapleton Avenue. Take a right turn onto IN-45 N. Little while later, turn left onto Liberty Drive then continue straight. The IRS Office compound will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break at noon form 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (812) 337-7600
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors. Metered parking streets and some commercial parking lots/garages are also available nearby.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments