This page provides information about the IRS Office Bloomington location.
IRS Office Bloomington – 301 S. Prospect Road, Bloomington, IL 61704
A large-scale office of the world famous networking equipment manufacturer Cisco is right next to the IRS Office in Bloomington. Other offices or establishments of good reputation are Illinois Education Association, Rehabilitation Services Department, C B Hair Design, State Farm Insurances: Corporate Headquarters etc. Major tenants that share the office space are CAN – Bloomington, Eversight Illionois – Bloomington, Geek-a-byte, and Heavenly Health.
East on Washington Street: Head west on East Washington Street toward North Prospect Road. After a little while, turn left at the 1st cross street onto South Prospect Road and the IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Washington Street: Head east on East Washington Street toward State Farm Plaza. After driving for a while, make a right turn onto South Prospect Road. On this road, IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Historic US-66: Head south on Historic US-66 West/North Veterans Parkway. After a quarter miles, turn left onto East Washington Street. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto South Prospect Road where the IRS Office will be located on the right.
South on Prospect Road: Head north on US 66 East/South Veterans Parkway. East Oakland Avenue will be on right, turn onto this road. Then, make a left turn onto South Prospect Road and continue until IRS Office.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break during 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
On-premises parking lot is available visitors to the IRS Office. Also, commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments