This page provides information about the IRS Office Boise location.
IRS Office Boise – 550 W. Fort Street, Ste 100 Boise, ID 83724
The IRS Office at Boise is located by the Memorial Park, close to the intersections of W Hays Street, W Fort Street, and N 5th Street. Being located exactly opposite to the Idaho State University premises, the Boise IRS Office is very easy to find. The office has few other federal offices on the same location, therefore finding this office is quite easy. Other than the IRS, two among the other prominent tenants at this building are the US Bankruptcy Court Clerk and Boise MEPS. Important locations close to the Boise IRS Office are Idaho State University, Boise VA Medical Center, VA Boise Regional Benefit Office, Corp for National Services, Boise Guest House, Idaho Farm Bureau Federation, Memorial Park, St. Joseph’s Catholic School, and St. John’s Cathedral: Faith Formation Center etc.
West on US-20E: Head east on US-20E/US-26 E and upon arrival at the S 13th Street cross-street, turn left onto the S 13th Street. Continue straight on this road, then take a right turn onto W Fort Street half a mile later. On this road, the IRS Office compound will be on the left.
North on N 15th Street/W Brumback Street: Head south on N 15th Street toward W Eastman Street. Upon arrival, turn left onto W Fort Street and continue driving. Almost half a mile later, the IRS Office building will be on the left on this road.
South on Broadway Avenue: Head north on S Broadway Avenue toward E Front Street/Morrison Knudsen Plaza Drive, then continue driving straight to stay on S Broadway Avenue. Continue onto Avenue B, keep driving, and continue onto E Fort Street. There will be a traffic circle ahead, take the 2nd exit from that circle and stay on E Fort Street. Take a slight right turn onto W Fort Street, and the IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (208) 387-2847
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office has on-premises parking facility available, however available for visitor parking spots are not guaranteed. Commercial parking lots and garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors must pass through several electronic security equipment and screening processes. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments