This page provides information about the IRS Office Boston location.
IRS Office Boston – JFK Federal Building, 15 New Sudbury Street, Boston, MA 02203
The Boston IRS Office is situated in the signature John F. Kennedy Federal Building at Sudbury Street. Construction of this Federal Building had begun in 1963 and after the assassination of president JFK, the building was named after him in his honor. The construction of this 24 story building completed in 1966. This building is built in the sixties modern architectural style; with steel, reinforced concrete and glass. The monolithic towers of the building and artworks features in the compound are quite famous in this building. Some of the major tenants are US Veterans Affairs Department, US Department of Labor, US Immigration Court, US Health & Human Services Department etc.
West on Cambridge Street: Head east on Cambridge Street toward Strong Place. Take the left lanes to turn left onto Sudbury Street. The John F. Kennedy Federal Building will be on the left.
North on Washington Street: Head south on N Washington Street toward Thacher Street. The Washington Street becomes New Chardon Street. Continue on New Chardon Street and turn right onto Market Street. Continue for a while then turn left onto Congress Street. The rear portion of the JFK Federal Building will be on the right.
South on Charles Street: Take Beacon Street to Somerset Street. Continue toward Bowdoin Street, then Sudbury Street. Take the left lanes for turning left onto Sudbury Street. The JFK Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (617) 316-2850
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This Federal Building does not offer public parking facility for the visitors. Metered parking streets are available nearby. There are two parking garages within walking distance as well, the Government Center Garage and Haymarket Garage.
All public visitors must pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is mandatory for gaining access into the building, confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors must take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)