This page provides information about the IRS Office Brattleboro location.
**This TAC office may be closed as it no longer appears on the IRS website. Please visit the IRS office locator to find an alternate office.**
IRS Office Brattleboro – 1222 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT 05304
The IRS Office at Battleboro is located nearby the Connecticut River and the Vermont – New Hampshire border. The city is mostly surrounded by mountains in all sides and the business zone isn’t much bigger, yet the IRS Office is an important federal office for the residents of this location. The location is very scenic, mostly like somewhere off of the movie screens. Neighboring business locations are mostly motels and automobile dealerships, namely Brattleboro Subaru, Motel 6 Brattleboro, Summit Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, Achille Agway, Comfort Inn & Suites, Clear Choice MD Urgent Café, Members 1st Credit Union etc.
East on Putney Road: Head northwest on Chesterfield Road. Take the 1st exit onto Putney Road at the traffic circle and the destination will be on the left after a while.
West on Putney Road: Head southeast and continue onto Chesterfield Road. At the traffic circle, exit through the 3rd exit onto Putney Road. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Bennett Drive: Head south on Putney Road toward Old Ferry Road. Look out for the IRS Office on the right.
South on Putney Road: Head north on Putney Road toward Chickering Drive. Take the 2nd exit from the traffic circle and stay on Putney Road. After a while, the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 1 pm to 2 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (802) 257-4825
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment(s) prior to visiting by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments