This page provides information about the IRS Office Bridgeport location.
IRS Office Bridgeport – 915 Lafayette Boulevard, Bridgeport, CT 06604
The Bridgeport IRS Office is located in the Brien McMahon Federal Building and US Courthouse. It is a steel-frame structure with limestone cladding and a curtain wall system. This Federal Building was renamed in 1994, after a former Connecticut Senator named the Brien McMahon. Total amount of floor space on this 4 story building is 110,470 square feet, and the acreage of the overall area is 3.28. Modern amenities are equipped as standard, like light sensors, low-flow flush toilets, use of green cleaning and maintenance products etc. County Government Offices, Northern Management Services, US Customs and Border Protection, US Food & Drug Administration, US General Services Administration, US Marshals Services, US Probation & Parole Office are the known tenants. Some of the nearby locations are – US Social Security Office for Bridgeport, Housatonic Museum of Art, Housatonic Community College, Bridgeport Vital Statistics, and Bridgeport Public Library Main Branch etc.
East on Stratford Avenue and Fairfield Avenue: Head west on Stratford Avenue toward Waterview Avenue. Continue onto Fairfield Avenue, then turn left onto Lafayette Circle. Then, continue straight onto Lafayette Boulevard. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on I-95N: Take I-95N to South Frontage Road. Take exit 27 from I-95 North. Then take the Warrant Street, Prospect Street, West Avenue and State Street route to Lafayette Boulevard. The Federal Building will be on the left.
North on CT-25: Head south on CT-25S/CT-8 South. Leave the highway by taking exit 2 for CT-130/Fairfield Avenue. Continue straight onto Courtland Street, then turn slightly left onto Lafayette Circle. Continue straight onto Lafayette Boulevard, then the IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (203) 384-5818
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
There are 100+ parking spots in the federal building premises, although it might be difficult to avail one free spot. Metered street parking and commercial parking lots/garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors must pass through several electronic security equipment checkpoints. Presenting a government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)