IRS Office Brooklyn
This page provides information about the IRS Office Brooklyn location.
IRS Office Brooklyn – 2 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
Brooklyn IRS Office is located at MetroTech Center, which is a business and education center in Brooklyn, New York. The building was formed in 1992 utilizing 16 acres of land. MetroTech Center was a lavish project during the large-scale development phase in Downtown Brooklyn during 1980s and 1990s. The project was controversial as it resulted in demolition of 50 business and 100 homes. Few notable tenants of the MetroTech Center are MakerBot Industries, New York City Fire Department, ImpreMedia, TransCare Corporation, National Grid and IRS.
East on Myrtle Avenue: Head west toward Prince Street and continue straight onto Abolitionist Place or Duffield Street. Make a right turn onto MetroTech Center and turn right onto Lawrence Street.
North via Brooklyn Bridge: Continue toward Battery Park Underpass. Take the Brooklyn Bridge to Tillary Street in Brooklyn. Continue on Tillary Street. Take the Flatbush Avenue Exit, then MetroTech Center/Roadway to Lawrence Street.
South on Interstate 278: Follow the Interstate 278 and take exit 29B from I-278. Continue on Tillary Street and take the Flatbush Avenue Exit. Take MetroTech Center/Roadway to Lawrence Street.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (718) 834-6559
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
MetroTech Center has parking facility, unfortunately not abundantly available for general public. There are few in the house parking services that take booking for reserving a spot, these services are expensive. All the streets surrounding the building has metered parking effective till 7 pm every day.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel at the entrance would ask for government issued ID cards to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)