This page provides information about the IRS Office Burlington location.
IRS Office Burlington – 128 Lakeside Avenue Innovation Center, 2nd Floor, Burlington, VT 05401
The IRS Office at Burlington is located in a commercial office complex that goes by the name ‘The Innovation Center of Vermont’. It’s only a few blocks away from the interstate highway I-89 and the whole lot of space inside this building makes the office a pleasant location for both the visitors and employees. The building is four stories tall, with plenty of parking space for cars, motorcycles, and cycles. Apart from offices, a good number of eateries are located within walking distance. Some of the offices in this compound are Office of Representative Peter Welch, Innovation Café, Burlington Lakeside Community Based Outpatient Clinic, SEABA Curate Art, Lakeside Avenue Manufacturing by Kyle, Burlington Social Security Office etc. Some business locations in close proximity are namely Burlington Public Works Department, City of Burlington Electric, Play Dog Play Canine Care Center, Education Center, Blodgett Oven Company, St. John’s Club etc. Burlington Bay is to the west of the Innovation Center, and the lake separates Vermont from New York.
East on I-189: Take Kennedy Drive and I-189 to Home Avenue until reaching the Pine Street. Upon arrival, take the Pine Street to Lakeside Avenue in Burlington. After Burlington Public Works Department, The Innovation Center of Burlington building will be on the right.
North on N Willard Street: Head south on N Willard Street toward Pearl Street. Take a right turn onto Locust Street, then after a quarter mile take a left turn onto Pine Street. Shortly after, turn right onto Lakeside Avenue. The Innovation Center of Burlington will be on the right.
South on Shelburne Road: Head north on Shelburne Road toward McIntosh Avenue. Take a left turn onto Queen City Park Road, then shortly after, turn right to stay on Queen City Park Road. After a quarter mile turn right onto Pine Street and drive for a mile, then turn left onto Lakeside Avenue. The Innovation Center of Burlington building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (802) 859-9308
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office offers on-premises parking facility for the visitors and employees working in this compound. Commercial parking facilities e.g. street parking and parking garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
*Does not accept cash payments