This page provides information about the IRS Office Canton location.
IRS Office Canton – 301 McKinley Avenue, Southwest Canton, OH 44702
With the wide open plaza area in front, IRS Office at Canton makes a great first impression. The building is located at a busy city center. There are few churches and law offices around the block, few banks and lots of great diners are available within walking distance. Major tenant on this building other than IRS are – United States Social Security Office for Canton and United States Bankruptcy Court.
East on Tuscarawas Street: Head west toward 440/Court Avenue Southwest and turn left onto McKinley Avenue Southwest. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Tuscarawas Street: Head east toward Shields Court Southwest. Turn right onto McKinley Avenue Southwest and the destination will be on the right.
North on McKinley Avenue: Head south on McKinley Avenue Northwest toward 6th Street Northwest. Keep driving until the IRS Office at McKinley Avenue is seen on the right.
South on Cleveland Avenue: Head northeast on Cleveland Avenue Southwest toward 11th Street Southwest. Turn left onto 2nd Street Southwest, then turn left again at the 2nd cross street onto McKinley Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break at noon from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (330) 588-4417
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office offers few handicapped parking spaces on-premises, no public parking facility offered for the other visitors. Metered parking streets are available nearby, commercial parking lots and garages are available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government ID card at the entrance/front desk is necessary for identity verification and appointment confirmation.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments