This page provides information about the IRS Office Canton location.
IRS Office Canton – 301 McKinley Avenue SW, Canton, OH 44702
East on Tuscarawas Street: Head west toward 440/Court Avenue Southwest and turn left onto McKinley Avenue Southwest. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on Tuscarawas Street: Head east toward Shields Court Southwest. Turn right onto McKinley Avenue Southwest and the destination will be on the right.
North on McKinley Avenue: Head south on McKinley Avenue Northwest toward 6th Street Northwest. Keep driving until the IRS Office at McKinley Avenue is seen on the right.
South on Cleveland Avenue: Head northeast on Cleveland Avenue Southwest toward 11th Street Southwest. Turn left onto 2nd Street Southwest, then turn left again at the 2nd cross street onto McKinley Avenue. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Canton IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office offers few handicapped parking spaces on-premises, no public parking facility offered for other visitors. Metered parking streets are available nearby, commercial parking lots and garages are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments