This page provides information about the IRS Office Cape Girardeau location.
IRS Office Cape Girardeau – 555 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
The IRS Office is located in the Rush Hudson Limbaugh Sr. U.S. Courthouse in Cape Girardeau, MO. It is right next to Indian Park.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
There is a visitors parking lot outside the Limbaugh Courthouse and is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
1 thought on “IRS Office Cape Girardeau”
I have called two different occasions and one I was never answered the second call I was hung up on. I filed my taxes April of 2020 and in still waiting for my refund check? And while we’re at it I know I meet all the qualifications for the stimulus package and still have not received the first one. Is there anyway we can look into that? I have been on the irs.gov and filled out all the information it says there’s no information at this time for my social in my husband’s social so what do I do?