This page provides information about the IRS Office Casper location.
IRS Office Casper – 100 E. B Street, Casper, WY 82601
The IRS Office at Casper is located in the famous Dick Cheney Federal Building at Wyoming. Of course, the building is named after the 46th Vice-President of the United States, Richard Bruce “Dick” Cheney. The building was constructed back in 1970 using pre-cast concrete panels following modern design language of the then government buildings. Engstrom & Deines/J.T. Banner & Associates conducted the architectural design and construction. This Federal Building is four stories and 78 feet tall with a penthouse and a basement. Apart from the IRS, few other federal occupants here are the US Immigration & Customs Enforcement, US Social Security Office for Casper, US Postal Service etc. There are plenty of other federal and non-federal offices in the neighboring areas since this is a downtown location, some of them are namely Casper City Hall, Municipal Court Office, Natrona County Courthouse, Natrona County Clerk, Express Employment Professionals, Casper Police Department, Wells Fargo Bank, Casper Housing Authority etc.
East on US-26 West: Head west on US-26 West and turn right onto N Mckinley Street. Take a left turn onto E C Street, then half a mile later this street turns left and becomes N Wolcott Street. Shortly afterward, turn right onto E B Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on US-26 East: Head east on US-26 East. Upon arrival, turn left onto N Center Street. Quarter miles later, take a right turn onto W B C Street. Shortly afterward, turn right again onto N Wolcott Street. Take a final right turn onto E B Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
North on I-25 South: Head south on I-25 South. Leave the interstate through exit 188A for US-87 BUS/North Center Street, then take a left turn onto W B C Street. Turn right onto N Wolcott Street, then take a final right turn onto E B Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
South on S Poplar Street: Head north on S Poplar Street toward W 12th Street. Take a right turn onto W 1st Street, then turn left onto North Center Street. After a short while turn right onto W B C Street, another right onto N Wolcott Street, and a final right turn onto E B Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (307) 261-6390
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors. Street parking and commercial parking facility are also available within walking distance.
All Federal Buildings have beefed up security measures. All public visitors must pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointment prior to visiting, by calling the numbers provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)