This page provides information about the IRS Office Champaign location.
IRS Office Champaign – 310 W. Church Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Champaign IRS Office is located opposite to the West Side Park. To easily locate the IRS Office, few notable landmarks are First Presbyterian Church, United Way-Champaign County, Springer Cultural Center and Eden Supportive Living Facility. The office area is shared by a social services organization named Family Advocacy in Champaign.
East on University Avenue: Head west on East University Avenue toward North Chestnut Street. Make a right turn onto North Randolph Street. Afterwards, turn left onto West Church Street. The IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
West on Springfield Avenue: Head east toward South van Doren Street, then make a left turn onto South Randolph Street. Continue straight onto North Randolph Street for a while, then turn left onto West Church Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
North on Vine Street: Head south on County Road 1100 East/North Prospect Avenue toward West Harvard Street. Make a left turn onto West Vine Street, and an immediate right turn onto North State Street followed by. After a few hundred feet, turn right onto West Church Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Randolph Street: Head north toward West White Street. Continue straight onto North Randolph Street. Make a left turn onto West Church Street, the IRS Office is on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break during 11.30 am to 12.30 pm at noon. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (217) 398-5210
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered parking streets surround the building, however there’s no parking lot or covered parking facility. Other than the metered streets, visitors could use the parking at Brookens Center for parking.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are recommended to take appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.