This page provides information about the IRS Office Charleston location.
IRS Office Charleston – 4400 Leeds Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29405
The IRS Office at Charleston is slightly far from the city’s central business district, however it is close to the Charleston International Airport. Many businesses are situated in the nearby vicinity including educational institutes, federal offices, restaurants, retail stores etc. Ashley River flows nearby this location. This IRS Office is located on a class A office building named Faber Plaza, containing a total space of 125,000 square feet built on 9.11 acre of land. The building is managed by Durlach Associates. Some other tenants on this building are HDR, Lindbergh & Associates LLC, Sonepar USA, TCC Benefits Administrator, TranSystems etc. Limestone College, Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Webster Univesity, and Health & Human Services Department etc. are some of the notable locations nearby.
East on Dorchester Road/Leeds Avenue: Head west on Dorchester Road toward Transfer Street. Take a left turn onto Leeds Avenue/State Road South-10-475 and continue to follow Leeds Avenue. Then turn right to stay on Leeds Avenue. Little later, turn right. The Faber Plaza will be on the left.
West on Dorchester Road: Head northeast on Dorchester Road and then get on Interstate 526. Continue driving on this highway toward Leeds Avenue. Exit the interstate highway through exit 14 then continue on Leeds Avenue toward Faber Plaza which will be on the right.
North on Interstate 526: Head southeast and leave the highway through exit 14. Turn right onto Leeds Avenue, then follow Leeds Avenue by turning right. Make a final right turn and the Faber Plaza should be ahead.
South on Interstate 526: Head northeast on Interstate 526 East and leave the highway through exit 14. Take a sharp left turn onto Leeds Avenue/State Road S-10-475 and continue to follow the Leeds Avenue. Turn right to stay on Leeds Avenue, then take a final right turn toward the Faber Plaza.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (843) 566-0209
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
The Faber Plaza offers abundant parking spaces for the visitors to agencies/offices in this building.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)