This page provides information about the IRS Office Chattanooga location.
IRS Office Chattanooga – 5740 Uptain Road, Chattanooga, TN 37411
The Chattanooga IRS Office is located in a one-story commercial office building in downtown Chattanooga, opposite to the South Chickamauga Creek.
East on Interstate 75: Take exit 2 from Interstate 75 and take the Interstate 24 toward North Terrace. Again, take exit 184 from I-24 then continue on S Moore Road and Brainer Road to Uptain Road. Continue until the IRS Office is seen on the left.
West on Interstate 24: Head southeast on Interstate 24 and take exit 184 toward Moore Road. Drive and merge onto South Terrace and continue for a while, then turn left onto McBrien Road and drive for half a mile. Then, turn right onto Brainerd Road and another right turn followed by onto Greenway View Drive. Finally, take a right turn onto Uptain Road. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Moore Road: Head southwest on Moore Road toward N Moore Lane. Take a left turn onto Old Mission Road, then a right turn onto Brainerd Road. Drive for one quarter mile before turning right onto Greenway View Drive. Finally, turn right onto Uptain Road. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
South on McBrien Road: Head north on McBrien Road toward Reneau Way. Take a right turn onto Brainer Road, then turn right onto Greenway View Drive. Finally turn right onto Uptain Road. The IRS Office will be on the left on this road.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (423) 855-6098
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Chattanooga IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors to this office.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required for confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
6 thoughts on “IRS Office Chattanooga”
I have lost a check from the IRS, can I get a replacement?
You may find this helpful: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-0