This page provides information about IRS Office Cheyenne location.
IRS Office Cheyenne – 5353 Yellowstone Road, Cheyenne, WY 82009
The IRS Office at Cheyenne is situated in the Bureau of Land Management, Wyoming branch building.
East on I-80BL: Head west on I-80BL toward Reese Road. Take a right turn onto Dell Range Boulevard. Then, turn right onto Yellowstone Road. Take a right turn at Manewal Driver after a quarter mile, then turn left. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
West on US-30: Drive east and follow I-80 East, followed by I-25 North to I-25BL in Cheyenne. Then, leave the interstate using the exit 12 from I-25 North/US-87 North. Take the Manewal Drive toward IRS Office building.
North on Edward Drive: Head south on I-25 South and leave the interstate using exit 12 for I-25 BUS. Take a left turn onto I-25 BL, then another left turn onto Walker Road a short while after. Upon arrival, turn right onto Manewal Drive and after half a mile, take a final left turn. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on US-87: Head northeast on I-25 North. Leave the interstate through exit 12 for Central Avenue, then take a right turn onto I-25 BL. After a short while, turn left onto Walker Road, then make a right turn onto Manewal Drive. Half a mile later, take a left turn and the IRS Office will be on the right on this road.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12 pm to 1 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (307) 633-0888
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Cheyenne IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises parking for visitors. There are street parking and commercial parking garages within walking distance as well.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)