This page provides information about the IRS Office Cincinnati location.
IRS Office Cincinnati – 550 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
The Cincinnati IRS Office is located in the John Weld Peck Federal Building which is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. The 10-story John Weld Peck Federal Building is named after former federal judge Honorable John Weld Peck who served with the US District and Appeals Court and Ohio Supreme Court. Apart from IRS, the other major tenants are Corps of Engineers, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Trade Bureau, National Labor Relations Board and Department of Homeland Security’s Citizenship and Immigration Services.
East on 4th Street: Head west on East 4th Street toward Iola Alley. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Main Street, the Federal Building will be on the right.
West on 5th Street: Head east on West 5th Street toward Elm Street. Continue straight to stay on 5th Street, then turn left onto Main Street.
North on Walnut Street: Head south on Walnut Street toward East 9th Street. Use the left lane to turn left onto East 5th Street. After a few hundred feet, turn left onto Main Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on Joe Nuxhall Way: Head north on Joe Nuxhall Way toward East Freedom Way. Keep continuing on this road onto Main Street. The IRS Office building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Cincinnati IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
No public parking facility available on-premises. Metered parking streets are available adjacent to the building, few commercial parking lots and garages are also available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments