This page provides information about the Virtual Assistance facility provided by Internal Revenue Service for the residents of Clarksdale, Mississippi.
IRS Office Clarksdale Virtual Assistance – By Appointment Only
Internal Revenue Service offers Virtual Assistance service for the residents of Clarksdale, Mississippi. Taxpayers may receive assistance provided by an IRS employee in a remote office using a computer monitor. The experience is almost similar to talking face to face, except the employee is sitting in a different location. Upon confirmed appointment, a workstation would be allocated for the taxpayer in a specific time slot. The taxpayer simply sits at the designated workstation and speak with the employee appearing on screen.
Thursday & Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm.
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This Virtual Assistance facility provides services only based on prior confirmed appointment. All taxpayers must take appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 15 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911,Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (tax law or account assistance only)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
Services Not Available at this Location:
- Accept any payment (cash, check or money orders)
- Authenticate/verify taxpayer identity
- Departing alien clearance (Sailing Permits)
- Copies of tax returns and transcripts
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Pick up tax forms or order by mail.