This page provides information about the IRS Office Cleveland location.
IRS Office Cleveland – 1240 E. Ninth Street, Cleveland, OH 44199
Cleveland IRS Office is situated in the Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building, located in the northeast section of downtown Cleveland’s central business district. The building was founded on 1966 and named after one former mayor of Cleveland. It is a modern steel framework based 32-story skyscraper, covered with glass curtain wall. IRS is one of the few major tenants. ATM booths, cafeterias, FedEx and USPS Drop Boxes, medical clinics, credit unions etc. are few of the amenities on this building.
Northeast on I-90: Head southwest on Interstate 90. At the fork, keep right and continue on OH-2 West. Keep eyes on the signs for Downtown Cleveland. After a mile or so, use the right 2 lanes to exit through 195A for East 9th Street. After a while, turn left onto East 9th Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
Southwest on Superior Avenue: Head northeast on Detroit Road/West Superior Avenue and follow for a while. Then, turn left onto West 3rd Street and turn right onto West St Clair Avenue. After around 500 feet, turn left onto East 9th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
South on Innerbelt Freeway: Head northeast on Interstate 90 east and take exit 172A for 9th Street East toward Interstate 77 South. Drive and merge onto East 9th Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (216) 415-3442
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
No on-premises public parking facility available. However, plenty of public parking options are available nearby including one municipal parking garage to the north of the building.
All public visitors are required to walk through multiple stages of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is necessary for identity and appointment confirmation.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments.