This page provides information about the IRS Office Columbia, South Carolina location.
IRS Office Columbia – 1835 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
The IRS Office at Columbia is located in the Strom Thurmond Federal Building and United States Courthouse. This federal building in Columbia was completed in 1979 and served 25 years as a courthouse of the US District Court for the District of South Carolina. National Register of Historic Places enlists this building.
East on Taylor Street: Head west on Taylor Street toward Gregg Street, then turn right onto Bull Street. Shortly afterward, turn left onto Richland Street. Then finally, turn left onto Assembly Street. The Federal Building will be on the right.
West on US-176/US-321: Head east toward US-176/US-321 and continue until Assembly Street. Follow the signs, then turn right onto Assembly Street. Continue to stay on Assembly Street, the Federal Building will be on the right.
North on Main Street: Head south on Main Street toward Geiger Avenue. Use the 2nd from the right lane to turn right onto Elmwood Avenue. Then, turn left onto Assembly Street. Continue straight on Assembly Street and the Federal Building will be on the right.
South on Assembly Street: Head north on Assembly Street. Before Elmwood Avenue cross-street make a U-turn at Calhoun Street. Continue straight to stay on Assembly Street, the Federal Building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (803) 312-7900
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Columbia IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Finding a place to park inside the Federal Building premises might be difficult. There are metered parking streets nearby, some commercial parking lots/garages as well. Matthew Perry Garage is a commercial parking location just across the block.
Public visitors must pass through electronic security equipment. A government issued valid ID is mandatory for gaining access to the building and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments
1 thought on “Columbia”
Page updated. Thank you 🙂