This page provides information about the IRS Office Danbury CT location.
IRS Office Danbury – 131 West Street, Danbury, CT 06810
The Danbury IRS Office is located between the Beaver Street and the Benedict Avenue. The office building is unusually long and it is 2-stories tall. Other than IRS, the other offices in this compound are Albert J Salame Co. Construction Company, Cedar Brands Sewage Treatment Plant, Dept. Children & Families, Fruit Bud Juice, Quality Kitchen Corporation, Scope Realty Associates, and Western Connecticut Health Network. Some of the locations close to this IRS Office are US Social Security Office for Danbury, Morris Street Elementary School, Joseph Sauer Memorial Park, Restaurant Chapin, Speedy Pizza, Amigos Dell & Groceris, and Elks Lodge etc.
East on West Street: Head southeast on West Street toward Deer Hill Avenue. The IRS Office will be on the right.
West on Mill Ridge Road: Head northeast on Lake Avenue Ext. Continue straight on this road to stay on Lake Avenue ext., then continue onto Lake Avenue. Continue for half a mile, then continue onto West Street. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on CT-39: Head southeast on Clapboard Ridge toward Ventura Avenue. Turn right onto Cowperthwaite Street, then turn left onto Starr Avenue. Continue onto Rose Hill Avenue for one quarter mile, then turn right onto Beaver Street. Another quarter miles later, turn right onto West Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
South on US-7: Commuter from Airport would be taking this road. Head north on US-7 N toward exit 8. Then, take exit 8 for Park Avenue toward New Milford/Waterbury. Take a right turn onto Park Avenue and continue for a mile, then turn left onto Pleasant Street. Quarter miles later, turn left onto West Street. The IRS Office will be on the right.
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the visitors.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.