This page provides information about the IRS Office Decatur location.
IRS Office Decatur – 306 West Eldorado, Decatur, IL 62522
The Decatur IRS Office is a pretty small one for the residents of Decatur city. Central Decatur Church is located opposite to the IRS Office. Other offices and establishments in closer proximity are Security Finance, McGuire Yuhas Huffman & Buckley PC, Security Finance, Hieronymus Mueller Museum and Animal Clinic of Decatur. IRS Office is a single story building with vintage architectural accent.
East on Eldorado Street: Head west on East Eldorado Street toward North Main Street and turn right onto North Union Street. Proceed until the IRS Office arrives and make a left turn onto the office.
West on Eldorado Street: Head east on West Eldorado Street toward North College Street. Make a left turn onto the IRS Office.
North on Main Street: Head south on North Main Street toward West King Street. Make a right turn onto West Cerro Gordo Street. Proceed, and then turn left onto North Union Street at the 2nd cross street. Turn right onto the IRS Office.
South on Franklin Street: Head north on South Franklin Street toward Main Street. Make a left turn onto East Eldorado Street, then an immediate right turn followed by onto North Union Street. Then turn left onto the IRS Office.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break during 11.30 am to 12.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (217) 619-7459
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
On-spot free public parking lot facility is offered for the visitors and employees of this IRS Office.
All public visitors are required to walk through electronic security equipment. Security personnel might ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are recommended to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments