This page provides information about the IRS Office Denver location.
IRS Office Denver – 1999 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202
The IRS Office is located in high rise commercial office building complex, called the 1999 Broadway. The office is located in the Downtown Denver Business District. The office has a catchy architectural language, prestigious tenants, gorgeously maintained surroundings and a very convenient location. All the IRS Office visitors should be able to easily locate the office in the heart of Denver. The construction of 1999 Broadway completed in 1985. It has 43 floors and 680,227 total square feet. Some remarkable tenants in this building are US Dept. of Labor Wage & Hour Division, Hein & Associates LLP, Badlands NGLs, Johnson Financial Group, BBC Research & Consulting, Sitrion, Denver Private Wealth Management, Promontory Financial Group etc. Some locations around the 19th and 20th street where this building is located are US Bankruptcy Court, Denver MEPS, One Lincoln Park, Transamerica, SendGrid etc.
East on 20th Avenue: Head west on E 20th Avenue toward N Ogden Street. At the intersection of 20th Street and California Avenue, take a sharp left turn onto N Broadway. The 1999 Broadway building will be on the right.
West on Market Street: Head south on 12th Street toward Auraria Parkway and continue on this road by turning slightly left. Then continue onto Market Street for half a mile before turning right onto 19th Street. Shortly afterwards, turn left onto Stout Street. Then turn right onto N Broadway and continue, the 1999 Broadway building will be on the right.
North on N Broadway: Head south on N Broadway toward Walnut Street. Continue driving until the 1999 Broadway building is on the right.
South on Lincoln Street: Head north on Lincoln Street toward E 16th Avenue. Use the left lane to turn left onto 20th Street. Then at the intersection of 20th street and California Street, take a sharp left turn onto N Broadway. The 1999 Broadway building will be on the right.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (303) 446-1675
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
This building offers parking in three fold: Valet, P-1 and the Welton Street Parking. There are metered parking streets nearby this office locations, as well as third party commercial parking lots and garages.
All public visitors must pass through multiple levels of electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID card is required by the IRS for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
All public visitors are required to take appointments prior to visiting, by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
This office provides Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA), a self-assistance computer kiosk with an IRS employee available to assist you with navigating the IRS.gov website. With FSA, you can access the IRS.gov website to complete a number of IRS-related tasks or get more information on the following subjects:
- Free File program
- Forms & Publications
- Where’s My Refund?
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Tax law questions
- Online Employer Identification Number (EIN) Application
- Online Payment Agreement
- Electronic payments (Direct Pay and EFTPS)