This page provides information about the IRS Office El Monte location.
IRS Office El Monte – 9350 East Flair Drive, El Monte, CA 91731
El Monte IRS Office is located close to the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway, therefore it is quite easy accessible to most of the city’s residents. Other than IRS, U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group is one of the major tenants sharing the same premises.
East on Interstate 10: Drive from Interstate 10 to Rosemead. Take exit 26B and drive to Flair Drive in El Monte.
West on Interstate 10: Head east on Interstate 10. Take the exit 26B for Rosemead Boulevard. Keep left at the fork and follow signs for Flair Drive. Turn left onto Flair Drive.
North on Rosemead Boulevard: Head south on Rosemead Boulevard toward Grande Avenue. Use the right lane to take the Interstate 10 East ramp. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Flair Drive. Turn left onto Flair Drive.
South on CA-19: Head north on CA-19 toward Rush Street. Take the slight right onto Interstate 10 East ramp to San Bernardino. Follow signs for Flair Drive while keeping right. After a while, turn left onto Flair Drive.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Parking lot available on-premises, availability not guaranteed. Metered parking streets and commercial parking lots are available within walking distance.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
If you've visited this office, feel free to leave a comment about any tips you have for other visitors. If any information on this page was incorrect, please let us know in the comment below so we can correct it.