IRS Office Elmira
This page provides information about the IRS Office Elmira location.
IRS Office Elmira – 147 West Gray Street, Suite 108, Elmira, NY 14901
Elmira Internal Revenue Services is a tenant of the Mark Twain Building established by Mark Twain Properties. The office is located on the ground floor of the multiple storied building. Floors above the 3rd level are reserved for apartment complexes. Major tenants sharing this office building are Beijing Gardens Restaurant, IRS, Homerun Collectables, MetLife, Federal Bureau of Investigation etc.
East on East Water Street: Head west toward Lake Street and turn right onto North Main Street. Upon coming across the first cross street, turn right onto West Gray Street. The destination will be on the right.
West on West Water Street: Head east toward Columbia Street. After a quarter mile, turn left onto North Main Street. There should be a cross street hundred meters ahead, turn right there onto West Gray Street.
North on North Main Street: Head south toward West 2nd Street. Follow the signs and turn left onto West Gray Street. Destination will be on the right.
South on Clemens Center Parkway: Head northwest on Clemens Center Parkway toward Pennsylvania Avenue. Turn left onto East Gray Street and the destination will be on the left.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule. There’s lunch break at noon for an hour during 1 pm – 2 pm.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at the Elmira IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Metered parking streets are available nearby. Commercial parking lots are available within walking distance, pricing range between $2 and $6 per hour. On-premises parking spaces might be difficult to avail.
All public visitors are required to go through electronic security equipment. Security personnel at the entrance would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments