This page provides information about the IRS Office Erie location.
IRS Office Erie – 1314 Griswold Plaza, Erie, PA 16501
IRS Office at Erie is located right beside Griswold Park. Opposite to the complex, few notable places are Divine Creations, Metropolitan Dance Club, Adult Rehabilitation Office, Urban Engineers, Habibi Mediterranean Cuisine and United States Postal Service etc. Apart from IRS, major tenants at this complex are Sisinni Legal, The Barn Door Hardware Store, Erie Closets and McKean Township etc.
Northeast on 12th Street: Head southwest on East 12th Street toward Payne Avenue and turn left onto Parade Street. Turn right onto East 13th Street and an immediate left onto Griswold Plaza.
Southwest on 12th Street: Head northeast on West 12th Street toward Cranberry Street. Turn right onto Sassafras Street and after a few hundred feet, turn left onto West 13th Street. Then, make a final right turn approach onto Griswold Plaza.
South on Peach Street: Head north toward Walker Boulevard. Take slight left to stay on Peach Street and turn left onto West 13th Street. Look for Griswold Plaza road on the left, and turn onto it.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break during 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
Information: (814) 456-8967
Appointment: (844) 545-5640
Metered street parking surrounds the IRS Office building, public visitors can park their vehicles there. Commercial parking lots are also available within walking distance.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Security personnel would ask for government issued IDs to verify identity and validate appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)
*Does not accept cash payments